2020 has been challenging year for us all in some way, shape or form, but as COVID-19 continues to disrupt businesses, jobs and livelihoods, more families than ever are struggling to make ends meet.
With Christmas just around the corner, and another lockdown about to take effect, it’s likely that the uncertainties and difficulties faced by these families will only become worse. For this reason, we are once again appealing to our clients, contacts and friends for gift donations to help less fortunate children in Blackburn, Burnley and Bury this Christmas.
If you are able to spare a little time and money, please do consider getting involved. Your donations will be so appreciated and for some children, this may be the only gift they receive this Christmas.
This year’s appeal is slightly different…
Maintaining safety around COVID-19 is our priority. Therefore, to ensure we all stay safe, we have decided to make a few changes to our appeal this year:
– We’d like to politely request that only gift vouchers are donated to ensure they can be easily posted and our appeal can be contact-free
– We ask that all gift vouchers are posted directly to Children’s Services (addresses at the bottom of this blog) to further minimise contact between PM+M and the children’s services teams
– As much as we’d love to see you, the latest lockdown restrictions mean that our offices are closed to visitors except for essential purposes, so unfortunately, we have to politely ask that no vouchers are dropped off at our offices for safety reasons
Please see below all the details…
– As a guide, the gift vouchers should be around the value of £10 each
– Vouchers for a range of retailers are suitable, as our appeal supports both children and teenagers
– Whilst non-essential retail shops are closed during lockdown, gift vouchers for many high street and online brands can be purchased at most leading supermarkets
– Gift vouchers can be posted to either Blackburn, Burnley or Bury Children’s Services (depending on your local area) – please see the addresses at the bottom of this blog
– The last day of our appeal is Friday 11 December, so if you plan to make a donation, please ensure that your gift voucher is posted to Children’s Services in advance of this date
Finally, we’d like to say a huge thank you for your kindness, generosity, support and understanding. Although 2020’s gift appeal will be slightly different, we hope that together we’ll be able to deliver the same incredible impact to so many children who need our help, this year more than ever.
The PM+M team
Blackburn Children’s Services
FAO Ailsa Smith, 3rd floor Directorate Support, 10 Duke Street, Blackburn, BB2 1DH
Burnley Children’s Services
FAO Debbie Harrison, Children in our Care, 325 Burnley Road, Colne, BB8 8LA
Bury Children’s Services
FAO Kimberley Whittle, Bury Council, 26 Ribble Drive, Bury, BL9 6RT