The support from Ryan and the wider PM+M team throughout the sale process has been invaluable, and we are very grateful to them. We were very impressed by the sensitivity, care and respect with which Ryan supported us through the process of the sale. He enabled us to make informed decisions throughout the process. The support he provided is second to none.Sue King
About our client
Safespaces works with families and healthcare professionals to design, manufacture and supply custom designed safe rooms and high-sided beds for individuals with complex needs including those with learning disabilities, autism, epilepsy and challenging behaviours. Prompted by the decision to retire, and as longstanding clients of PM+M, the directors approached the corporate finance team to support them with the sale of their business during a growth period.
How PM+M helped
The directors at Safespaces have a long-standing relationship with PM+M, and their trusted adviser Nigel Wright (partner in the accounts and advisory team), therefore when it came to selling the business, an introduction to PM+M’s corporate finance team was the perfect solution.
Ryan Bilsborough, corporate finance manager, supported the directors of Safespaces with the successful sale of the business. Ryan worked with the client, and the buyers, at all stages of the process, which included:
– Providing a market appraisal at a value the shareholders could achieve by selling with PM+M
– Producing a full information memorandum for the business
– Producing a teaser document
– Developing a list of prospective trade buyers as part of our targeted marketing process
– Discreetly and confidentially approaching the key decision makers of each business, using the teaser to float the acquisition opportunity
– Producing and facilitating non-disclosure agreements
– Enabling buyer enquiries
– Arranging and attending buyer meetings and site visits (both in person and remotely)
– Handling and negotiating multiple offers/heads of terms to maximise deal value
– Assisting with all legal and financial due diligence enquiries, as well as supporting the share purchase agreement and disclosure letter
– Negotiating a consultancy agreement for the handover period
– Negotiating a lease for the business premises as one of the directors owns the building personally, and have leased it back to the company for the buyer’s benefit
Ryan’s role was to take the pressure off the clients to make the deal as easy and straightforward as possible, whilst ensuring maximum value for the business was obtained.
Alongside Ryan’s work on the deal, Jane Parry (tax partner) and Nigel Wright collaborated by providing advice on how to structure the deal in a tax efficient manner; in doing so protecting shareholder value and minimising tax risks. The PM+M Financial Planning team also assisted by providing pension advice and offering support with investing and managing the sale proceeds.
We are delighted to have worked with Safespaces every step of the way, throughout the entire lifecycle of the business, from start up through to growth and development to the ultimate exit. Ultimately, the sale of Safespaces is an excellent example of how the PM+M multi-disciplinary approach works to achieve the best outcome for our clients.
- SUCCESSFUL DEAL COMPLETIONPM+M facilitated a full negotiation process with multiple interested parties to achieve maximum value for the business
- SECURE FUTURE FOR THE BUSINESSSafespaces is now part of a larger group of B2B companies, and will continue its critical role its products play in changing the lives of young people and their carers
- PEACE OF MINDby offering a fully joined-up approach from the accounts, corporate finance, financial planning and tax teams at PM+M, the directors exiting the business could ultimately rest assured they are achieving the retirement they deserve
Get in touch to discover how we can help you achieve more