From 22 April 2013, charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs can sign up to make repayment claims electronically.
The new service, Charities Online, will make repayment claims faster and easier by filing online. The current R68(i) print and post repayment form will be replaced by three options for making claims.
- online claim form via HRRC portal
- online claim via a third party software
- new paper repayment claim form ChR1
The benefits of this new system include
- Faster and more accurate claims
- Acknowledgement of your claim
- Easier Gift Aid records for sponsored events
- Higher limit for aggregated donations
- Making things easier to understand
The existing R68(i) will continue to be accepted until 30th September 2013, however HMRC recommends making the switch to one of the new options as soon as possible.
For more information, call our dedicated Charities team on 01254 67931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Run My Business service will soon be offering a cloud accounting solution.
This secure online package will enable clients to access and record sales and expenses online from work, home or on the go and will provide valuable real-time information to enable them to focus on growing their business.
If you would like more information about this solution, or would like to speak to someone about our Run My Business service, visit our website or call 01254 679131.
The Government has confirmed that the National Minimum Wage rates will increase on 1 October 2013 as follows:
- adult rate: increases to £6.31 per hour
- those aged 18-20: increases to £5.03 per hour
- rate for 16 – 17 year olds: increases to £3.72 per hour
- apprentice rate: increases to £2.68 per hour
- where accommodation is provided to the employee by the employer: the amount that can be offset against the NMW increases to £4.91 per day (£34.37 per week)
The above rates are effective for pay periods on or after 1 October 2013.